Thursday, July 1, 2010

37 Days.

As you can guess from the title, I have 37 days left in the great ole' U S of A. It's kind of a bitter sweet feeling. While looking on the bright side, I see myself making new friends, going to a new school, doing new activities, trying new things, learning a new language, and traveling. But, there is always a downside. Like going to a new school, and flying by myself. I'm not going to lie, I have never been in a plane before... nor have I been out of the country. So this exchange will quite the experience.


So next week I leave for Grand Rapids, Michigan to attend a conference for Rotary Youth Exchange. It's huge! I went when my sister Michaela was a rebound. It wasn't much fun for me, because I was the little sister having to stay with her parents the whole time, but this time I'll be a student.... and the only student going to Estonia, I think. So I think I'll be in a meeting with the Finnish students :) Estonia and Southern Finland are the same Rotary district. So I get do all of the things Finnish students do.. except learn Finnish. I'll learn a very similar language though.


Anyways! I received my guarantee forms the other day. It took about a month to get here in my hands. I had to fax a couple of papers to my travel agent and I was good to go. Well, apparently I'm the first kid to go to Estonia with this travel agency since like 15 years or something crazy like that. So she called my dad and told him she doesn't know what to do. She doesn't know about the paperwork and all of the travel.. So maybe I'll go to Estonia?? Haha.. I'm sure she'll figure it out! It really confused her when I told her that I'll fly into Helsinki, Finland and not go on to Estonia. I'm going to a language camp in Finland for a week-That totally messed her up.


I just hope that I will get to ride the most traveled water way in the world while I'm in Estonia/Finland!! The water way I'm talking about is the Gulf of Finland! It is between Helsinki, Finland and Tallinn, Estonia.

Oh and in my informational packet, I found out my school! It's the same school as my host sister. In the pictures it looks so nice! Very different than United by far!









No comments: