Monday, July 5, 2010

33 days

I know. I shouldn't really be counting the days, but I can't help it. I'm too excited! I don't really know what to expect, but since I've talked to my host family, I relaxed a bit. They are really the sweetest people. They speak English with me, and I attempt to type Estonian. Though, they make many mistakes, it's still easy to understand them. :)
I'm very lucky to be staying with them.

I still haven't made many pins. In total I think I've made 10 so far.. haha. FAIL!
I decided I take the pins my sister didn't take for her exchange in Mexico. They are the beaded safety pins that look like American flags. Well, we have about 15 of those left. But I decided to be a little different with mine. I bought ribbon... that looks more like the French flag. None the less it's red, white and blue! Then I will glue a penny and pin to it. I made it sound really, really lame. which is kind of is. But! They will look kind of cool.... maybe.

I leave for Grand Rapids, Michigan in 3 days. My parents and I will stay at Calvin College and attend meetings. yay? Yes, yay, indeed! Grand Rapids is so much fun. I'm happy I will be able to meet new people, get more advice, meet some Fins, and see my travel agent again. Hopefully she will have figured something out by now! I just hope that I won't have to get into Estonia late..

I've realised just now. I still have so much to do in 33 days!! I still need to get my vaccines, buy some new clothes, soaps, make pins, hang out with friends, have a going away party which I really don't want to have, -PACK! gosh. I need to get on it.

1 comment:

Silvia Foster-Frau said...

Marina! I love your blog. You're a good writer. I'm so excited for you! For us!